1. The Ten directions: their directional lords and ruling planets, cold and hot directions, dark and light directions, light and heavy directions, slope of directions etc.
2. The concept of Vaastu Purush (Prana, Space Personified), its co-relation with architecture, 45 deities occupying Vaastu Purush,
3. Some useful grids, four type of Sthanas, Paishacha-sthana and Braham-sthana
4. Marmasthanas on Vaastu Purush
5. Panchmahabhootas in Vaastu: Fire (tejas, dahan), Earth (prithvi, dhara), Air (pavan, vayu), Water (aap, jal) and Space (aakash, gagan)
6. Trigunas in Vaastu: Rajas, Tamas and Sattva
7. Sunlight, lighting, colours: visible and invisible, arrangement of colours in a 5 X 5 grid,
8. Shapes: regular and irregular shapes, auspicious and inauspicious shapes, private and public shapes, residential and commercial shapes,
9. Four categories of people - Requirements of colour; odour; flavour; and tactility of construction materials and materials used in interiors, slope of plot, and vegetation for them,
Types of vaastu: division of vaastu applying different criteria
Maya vaastu: Size of residence for different category of persons (Brihatsamhita), classical system of measurement and its co-relation with recommendations of modern architecture,
Height of building: effect on space element on the room height,
Allocation of space: Directions and space planning, sixteen activities in a 5 X 5 grid.
(2) Understanding Interior Designing
Meaning of Interior designing & Interior decoration
Scope of an Interior designer and Interior Decorator versus an Architect, Civil Engineer, and Vaastu Shastri (Vaastu Practitioner)
Space planning: standard human body dimensions, minimum space requirement for movement, procedure of design, interior layout of a residence and its different parts
Elements of Interior Designing
Principles of Interior Designing
Optical illusion / gestalt principles
(3) Vāstu Application in Interiors
The open areas, verandahs, along the walls - skirting, middle of the room
Interior construction materials and finishes,
Doors and windows: location, material, measurements, vedha, decoration, auspicious markings etc.
Staircase: architectural and vaastu recommendations
Water supply: place for storing water (outer & inner purposes), Plumbing work
Sewage disposal: toilet, septic tank, soak pit, drainage work
Environment control: ventilation and air-conditioning, water proofing, fire safety, acoustics (Sound adjustment), and anti-termite treatment
Lighting and electrical work
Painting and varnishing,
Furniture and Furnishings: dimensions of general furniture items, furniture types and styles, furniture design, layout planning, rules regarding furnishings
Landscaping: indoor plants, their aesthetic and psychological value, designing, terrace garden,
Vaastu friendly Interior Design
- prayer room, living room, kitchen, dining room, guest room, bed room, children’s bedroom, balconies, cash box (asset’s room), granary, study room, home office / working table / computer table, store / lumber room, servant’s quarter, mezzanine floor, Car parking (garage, portico, direction of car) etc.
Combining principles of Vaastu and Interior Designing / Decoration regarding Rasas, Pictures and Paintings, Displays, Television, Imagery, Symbols, Sculpture, Mantras, Yantras (Objects), and Tantra (System). How any display delivers the desired results?